Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Easy A - Speaking of Mean Girls

I saw Easy A over the weekend. I was so excited for this movie being deemed the Mean Girls of this generation. Firstly, that's a bold statement. MG is up there on my list of favorite movies. Yes, of ever. In fact, it's one of the most quotable films of my life. Secondly, are we in a new generation? How old am I? The answer is "How dare you!"

Well, I sat down, ready to laugh...and I did. I wouldn't compare the film's leading lady, Emma Stone, to Lindsay Lohan and I wouldn't go so far as to draw similarities to Mean Girls, but it was a cute film. The script does not live up to Tina Fey's masterpiece, that's for sure. But Stone is just as charming as Lohan, in her own way. I said I wouldn't compare them, right? Right. Emma Stone is a charming young lady unlike any other. She's got that "it" factor, much like another husky-voiced redhead who shan't be named, not to mention her comedic timing. Emma Stone is the cross-breed of the young, hot "it" girl and the quirky girl-next-door. Again though, script-wise, I felt like it had the potential to be stronger. I can't remember a single a quote, let alone one that would make sense to end this on. Instead, I'll leave you with Mariah Carey who to this day quotes Mean Girls:


[@MariahCarey]

No comments:

Post a Comment