Thursday, September 30, 2010

uDraw - New Wii Game With Drawing Tablet

Wii is coming out with its own drawing tablet to accompany the game uDraw in which you...draw. That seems to be all you can do. Here's my question: why not use a real tablet on a real computer instead?

The tablet could be put to better use on the Wii for a new Mario Paint game. Back in the day, I was a big Mario Paint fan with big plans. Big movie plans. Unfortunately, I was preoccupied with the second grade... Now that I'm an adult, I've got all the time in the world to play.

With each new Nintendo console, I've been filled with the hope of a new Mario Paint. In the original SNES video game, you were able to do far more than just draw. You could animate your drawings and even create a soundtrack. There was also that addictive and oftentimes frustrating fly-swatting mini game.

To further attest to how powerful a new Mario Paint would be, I found the theme song of Charles in Charge composed entirely on Mario Paint (while I was on YouTube "researching" for my post about the Family Matters cover):



Imagine how much more can be done now that it's almost 20 years later. In related news, everything reminds me that I'm old.

[Kotaku]

No comments:

Post a Comment